Friday 6 September 2013

My First Impression: Zipp Lash eyelash extensions

I've been getting tired of adding false eyelashes and mascara everyday, 
felt like enough is enough, too much work, and I just wanted a break.
I've been researching for a new place for eyelash extensions, and I came across Zipp Lash.


I've known about Zipp lash for quite some time, and I always heard good things about them.
So I figure why not give them a try.

I made my appointment, and I was asked to not use mascara for two days before the appointment.
I found that to be quite difficult, since I wear false lashes/mascara usually everyday. 


Before              &                After

I can honestly say I'm hooked! I love the idea that I can wake up, apply a tinted moisturiser and lipgloss on and I'm good to go. And on the days that I would apply full make-up, I save myself a bit of time by not worry about curling, applying false lashes, and adding mascara. As you can see on the "before" photo, my natural lashes are short and straight.  

So when it came to the procedure, they attach single lashes to one of my own lashes. The timing of the procedure it took was a little over an hour but I was so relaxed time just flew by. The first thing the technician did was she taped down my bottom lashes so no adhesive doesn't stick on my lower lashes. Afterwards, I was asked what type of lashes I would like. Personally I didn't really know what I wanted so I let her do her thing. The rest of the time, we chatted and had a nice conversation. when the moment came when she told me to open my eyes... that was horrible! Not painful, but just having your eyes close for over an hour made me tear up.

The cons of having eyelash extensions are its impossible to rub your eye, but I'm used to having eye make-up on all the time that I rarely touch them. For someone who does rub their eyes alot it will be difficult. You also have to be very careful when taking off your eye make-up. I was told you can only use oil-free make-up remover because other make-up removers can ruin the glue that was used for the extensions. I'd suggest using oil-free make-up wipes (no cotton balls or pads) since the cotton will get caught on the lashes and taking that off is not fun. Groom them with a clean mascara wand, just in-case lashes move around. You can use mascara on them, only water-based! It be best not too, but if you do apply only on the tips not the root. And yes the lashes will fall out, extensions are applied onto your natural lashes which will shed overtime.  Eyelash extension's can last for a long time as long as you take good care of them.

Also, I have to say that eyelash extension are an investment. Zipp Lash's prices aren't cheap but like they say "you get what you pay for". That being said, you really get your money's worth. Great technicians, great customer service, clean store, etc. I know people that get eyelash extension done for as low as $30 but lets just say it doesn't turn out great. So please do your research before going to just anyone. 

In conclusion, I highly recommend Zipp Lash, its a lovely store, great people and its always good to help out local businesses. 

:)








5 comments:

  1. What were the prices for yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi amber, I believe when I got it done I payed $40 through groupon. Not certain what are their prices now.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, do you still wear zip lashes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia. At the moment I only get them for special occasions but still worth it :)

      Delete
  3. Antonella Premium 5ml eyelash adhesive - ensures the highest standards of quality and safety.Our adhesives are ready to take on any eyelash application activity. adezivi gene

    ReplyDelete