Friday 27 September 2013

Review: L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

Hey guys!
I hope everyone is doing good, especially since the weekend is almost here.

So a couple weeks ago I went to a drug store and noticed L'oreal had a new foundation.
Personally I'm not a huge fan of drug-store foundations, I haven't bought one in years since I've been 
hooked to Makeup Forever HD Foundations & MAC Matchmaster.
I did find it on sale so that made me want to try it out.

The L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder
Transforms from a liquid to powder for the perfect bare skin finish (as it says on the back of the foundation).



At first I was kinda surprised the closest match for me is called "sun beige", 
just because beige sounds like for someone of fair skin...I'm just being silly I guess.
When I applied it with my Beauty blender, you can slowly tell it's becoming a powder finish.
I like the fact that it doesn't dry up quickly since most matte finished foundations dry up so quickly that it can look patchy and uneven.
Its matte to the point where you can see any dry spots on your face. So moisturize well before applying!
When I finished blending, it felt so silky smooth I couldn't stop touching my face!
Afterwards, I didn't have to really apply powder after, just a bit of bronzer and highlighter and my finishing spray.
I did get a little oily on my t-zone by the end of the day but that's normal, plus having it on for a little over 12 hours.
Coverage isn't the best in my opinion. I believe it's light-medium coverage. 
You can build up the coverage but in my opinion since it does dry in an powder finish, maybe applying more will give someone a "cakey" look.
I use light-medium coverage since I don't have much to cover,
unless I get hormonal pimples.
I'm not a big fan of the packaging also. I'm used to foundations with a pump and with a glass one this,
I fell that sometimes i get out to much.

(sorry if you can't see the blended from the lighting)

Overall!
Personally I like it for an everyday foundation.
Something to put on quickly if I'm on the go.
I love how soft if feels on my face, and the light coverage.


Pricing can be up to $19.99 (CAN) $15.99 (US)
So if your someone that likes a little coverage, as natural as possible with oily - normal skin...
then I highly recommend you trying it.





No comments:

Post a Comment