Friday 2 May 2014

Perfect Palette Tag


I've been asked many times since this tag has come out to make a quick post, since I am a bit obsessed with collecting palettes. I've only been into palettes since last year, but I have gathered a good amount since then. Basically this tag has been going around online and was made by iluvfaces1042 on youtube. I love her video because she does it as a mother-daughter tag with her daughter. Not all the palettes I will discuss are permanent which I do apologize for but this tag should reflect on the blogger and what they truly love.

1. Best packaging
Too faced chocolate bar palette





Very sturdy packaging, made of strong metal and closes with a magnet. Plus I love the overall appearance of the chocolate bar & of course the smell of this palette is great! A sweet cocoa smell which makes using this palette so much fun.

2. Best colour payoff
Wet & Wild comfort zone palette



I'm a big fan of the wet & wild brand as a whole. With there lipsticks, nail polishes & my favourite... eyeshadows! For a brand that is very affordable they really know how to make great eyeshadows. The colour payoff is amazing! Smooth buttery feeling, great pigmentation, overall you can't go wrong with wet & wild shadows.

3. Most versatile
Lorac pro palette




I've only been using this palette for a few weeks and have to say, I'm a bit upset I didn't buy it any sooner! I'm a huge fan of matte shadows & I love the fact that there is 8 in this palette. Most palettes carry about 1-3, depending on the brand, but this is just great for using it for a basic look, to the smokey eye.

4. Best for traveling
Bh cosmetics Forever nude makeup palette





I love finding palettes that have more than just eyeshadows in them. You get 2 mattes & 4 satin eyeshadows, 2 blushes & 2 lip colours. I love how all the products go well with each other so you don't have to carry so much when travelling.

(Bonus) My dome z-palette


I'm a big fan of de-potting, and although this isn't in the rules, I thought I'd show my other favourite travel palette. Z-palettes are palettes that come empty & its up to you what you want to add in them. I made this as my everyday palette/ travel palette just to have everything together :) products inside are: (from top left) Mac extra dimension skinfinish in superb, Urban decay naked basic's, too faced matte eyeshadow collection (only 3 from the original palette), Lo'real colour riche eye shadow quad in rose for romance, (from bottom left) benefit rockateur blush, mac extra dimension blush in fiery impact, elf baked blush in pinktasic & the balm mary lou manizer. 

5. Biggest regret
Too faced matte eye palette

 (photo taken from Sephora website)

This question was very hard, since I try to use & like most palettes that I own, but I have to say that the Too Faced matte eye palette was something I do regret. I do find the colours in the palette beautiful, pigmented and blend well, but this palette wasn't a "I need it" type. I may love mattes, but this palette isn't something special when you're someone like me that owns so many mattes already.

6. Best colour names
Too faced a few of my favorite things palette (Limited edition)




I'm a big fan of the sound of music movie and when one of the reason why I purchased this palette was for the names. It has cute names such as, "whiskers on kittens, Rain drops on roses, creamed colours ponies and so on".

7. Least used
The balm nude-tude palette





I truly don't know why I haven't really dug into this palette. It's lovely, has great pigmentation, and the packaging is adorable with the pin-up girls!

8. Most used
My naked basic's palette

(Photo taken from Sephora website, product has been depotted)

Whenever I need to do a quick look, this is my go-to palette. Just your basic neutrals in one little palette, which is great to take with you for touch-ups.

9. Most loved
Lorac Unzipped palette




I truly adore this palette! Just staring at it makes me love it even more. The colors are rosey-gold tones, with good pigmentation, and blends very well. I prefer this one more than the Urban decay Naked 3 palette, that has rose-pinky tones.

10. Desert island
Urban decay naked palette




or
Smashbox Wondervison palette (Limited edition)




If we were ever stuck on an island, I doubt we would be thinking about make-up. I couldn't pick just one, so these are the two I would have with me in any situation. Urban decay's Naked (first) palette is my all time favourite, out of all the naked palettes that have been released. Just beautiful pigmentation, and smooth buttery easy to blend colors.
Smashbox's Wondervison palette is another that I truly love. 30 unique shadows of multiple colours & rich textures. 3 blushes & 1 bronzer. ALL IN ONE BOX!

Final thoughts. 
I think everyone should give this tag a try. It helped me realize what I do & don't use & to pay more attention to the ones I neglected.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy my name is Maycon (Michael) and im from Rio de janeiro, great to find your blog, i have some questions about your extra dimension SF on your Zpalette, lets go: You have found a way to depot it without keeping the plastic case? If not you`re able to do a back 2 mac with the compact like this? TkU so much and have a great week! <3 M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Maycon. Thank you for checking out my blog. to answer you're question. My mac store told me they do not accept anything depotted :( unless it still has the metal pan inside. since the extra dimension products are placed on thin plastic with no metal pan it become harder to depot. so what I decided to do was keep the product in the pan and my husband filed down the sides so it can fit into a dome z-palette. but Luckily I found someone who wrote how to depot & still bring it for back 2 mac. heres the link: http://www.warpaintandunicorns.com/2012/11/depottingrepotting-mac-extra-dimension.html
      tenha um ótimo dia!

      Delete