Monday 29 September 2014

Mac Brooke Shields Gravitas Eyeshadow Palette (Limited Edition)


Mac Cosmetics has pattern up with the lovely Brooke Shields to create a limited edition collection chosen by Brooke herself. Meant to be modern, easy and beautiful for women of all ages. The collection's packaging is light grey with orange accents.
As lovely as it all looks, I only ended up ordering the Gravitas Eyeshadow palette.

Out of all the collections Mac has provided throughout the years, this 15 eyeshadow palette is the biggest limited edition palette Mac has ever sold. 
Some of the shadows can be found on the permanent line, while the rest are limited edition.

1st row


  • Pretty Soft golden peachy beige (Satin)
  • Soft Brown Soft golden peachy brown (Matte) (Permanent)
  • Expensive Pink Pink with duochrome (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
  • Clove Mid-tone golden brown (Satin) (Permanent)
  • Satin Taupe Taupe with silver shimmer (Permanent)
2nd row
  • Canter Soft neutral gold (Frost)
  • Luscious Neutral bronze (Frost)
  • Antiqued Ash brown with bronze (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
  • Psyche Shimmering golden olive (Frost)
  • Carbon Intense black (Matte) (Permanent)
3rd row

  • Shroom Soft beige with shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
  • Persuade Mid-tone cool grey brown (Matte)
  • Plummed Shimmering dark plum (Veluxe Pearl)
  • Lofty Cool blackened brown (Satin)
  • Pepper Dark charcoal (Velvet)

Even though I am a makeup palette addict, I don't own a whole lot of Mac shadows.
I always have had a hard time purchasing shadows individually because of the price and I'm glad Mac decided to come out with a large palette. I love the majority of colours except for carbon. For years I've heard about the Mac carbon debate and I personally find carbon to be sheer for a matte black shadow. My favourite black shadow is still Wet n Wild's panther.
    Rest of the shadows blend effortlessly, are smooth in texture, very good pigmented.

The price for the amount of shadows is worth it. 
Usually a Mac shadow is sold for $12 CAN
In this palette they are around $6 CAN each! 

I'd say if you can your hands on it buy it!
Available online Sept. 26th 2014
At Mac counters Oct. 2nd 2014
* I was told at a Mac counter that this palette is being sold for $135 CAN
I paid $102 ($85 US) online without my pro discount, so hopefully the price went down if your interested at purchasing at a Mac counter *




2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! It's perfect for different occasions!
    --------------------------- mia brush -----------------------

    ReplyDelete