Wednesday 1 October 2014

Almond Oil: the benefits and a 30 day Challenge


It's been said that almond oil can do wonders for your hair, skin & overall health.
Almonds are rich is antioxidants, high in vitamin E, natural fats and protein.  
Almond oil can be used for most of your everyday beauty issues and ailments.  
Benefits for the skin 
  • Rich in vitamin E, B & A
  • Absorbs quickly and doesn't clog pores 
  • Improves complexion
  • Relieves dry, flakyirritated skin (eg. eczema, psoriasis) 
  • Cures chapped lips, body rashes (eg. dermatitis) 
  • Moisturizes, softens skin (great for feet & hands)
  • Reduces dark circles and crow's feet
  • Prevents signs of aging by renewing skin cells
  • Can help stretch marks & scars
  • Natural makeup removal (works well on waterproof makeup)
Benefits for hair
  • Rich in magnesium (magnesium deficiency can cause hair fall-out)
  • Works well as a leave in treatment 
  • Calms down frizz
  • Treats dandruff 
  • eyelash & eyebrow treatment for growth (use mascara wand when applying)
Health benefits 
  • rich in folic acids, saturated fats, protein & potassium
  • beneficial to cardiac health
  • great for cooking 
  • boosts immunity 
  • promotes strong nails
  • cleanses and removes toxins form the body
For more information check: stylecraze.com for more info (link goes directly to almond oil post)

My 30 day challenge 

The fall season has begun and while the falling leaves and colour changes look beautiful, sometimes we don't  feel so glamorous due to the weather change. Usually my skin ranges from oily to combination during the spring and summer. but once fall hits, my skin becomes sensitive with dry patches showing up and even my dermatitis comes back to say hello. 
For the month of October, I plan to use almond oil as the main product of all my beauty/ health routines.
  1. use it as my serum,eye cream & moisturizer (day&night)
  2. applying to my cuticles 
  3. applying to my thin/sparse eyebrows to see if they become thicker
  4. removing eye makeup with the oil 
  5. use as my daily body lotion 
  6. will replace my lip balms with the oil
  7. give my hair oil treatments once a week 
I plan on only using face masks once every 2 weeks in order to really see what changes almond oil can provide me. For my health, I already eat raw almonds everyday and consume almond milk as my dairy substitute. Once the month has ended, I will post my full experience and hope to see some good changes.


My almond oil of choice:
Life-flo cold pressed pure almond oil (hexane free)
16 ounce $13.59 CAN on amazon.ca

  

1 comment:

  1. Your new valuable key points simply much a person like me and extremely more to my office workers. With thanks; from every one of us.
    Dr.ethix

    ReplyDelete