Wednesday 31 December 2014

Birch Box Canada! My first Impressions



What is birchbox?
Monthly beauty sampling service that delivers 4-5 deluxe or full size products right to your door. 
How much is it?
$10 CAN + Tax
$100 for a year + shipping
$4.95 shipping for Canadians on birchbox.ca
Free shipping to Americans through birchbox.com 

Birchbox Canada's first box!
December 2014 (all deluxe samples)

Harvey Prince
Hello body cream (Full Size $26)
Infused with citrus-floral scents, that hydrates and leaves skin silky smooth.

 Vasanti Cosmetics
BrightenUp! Enzymatic face rejuvenator  (Full Size $34)
Mimics the effects of microdermabrasion for glowing, smooth skin.

Beauty Protector
Protect & Detangle (Full Size $26)
Best selling elixir that locks in color, protects from heat damage, and adds silkiness

 Benefit Cosmetics
Lollotint (Full Size $36)
Lip and cheek stain in a candy-orchid hue that blends in easily for long lasting colour.

Cynthia Rowley Beauty
Eyeliner in Black (Full Size $18)
Creamy liner from the NYC based designer for smudge proof, all day wear.

My thoughts
Firstly I'd like to say that I'm very pleased that birchbox has come back to Canada. Birchbox canada got cancelled a few years back, and after all these years of watching youtubers unbox this subscription every month, it made me very envious of them. I hardly ever hear anyone complain about birchbox. It's also been rumoured that birchbox is the original beauty subscription service in the market.
A few things I'd like to point out is how much I love their point rewards system. You can receive points by either shopping on their website, referring friends to the Program, and reviewing the samples such as making videos, etc. Best of all, the points you earn can be used to purchase full-size products! 
 For example if you have 100 points, that's $10 towards a product of your choice.

I'm very happy with the products I received this month, I honestly have no complaints whats so ever. The eyeliner has great pigmentation and did not smudge while i wore it. The "lollitint" is a beautiful colour and stays on for a long time, but you must work with it fast because it sets quickly. the hair detangler works great and the smell is amazing with a sweet, vanilla scent that makes you want to spray more. The Enzymatic works well. It didn't wow me, but regardless it's a good product. The Body cream is probably my favourite from the bunch because of the scent and how soft it made my skin feel. 

Overall I'm very pleased with Birchbox Canada's first box.
I hope they keep their A game on and stay with Canada for a long time. 
As always if interested, check their social media's for sign up promos. 




No comments:

Post a Comment