Wednesday 3 December 2014

My Favorite Eye Primers


Hello, My name is Nancy and I'm addicted to Eye Primers. 
Seriously...I have a problem!

Primers in general have become a must for an individual that uses makeup on a daily basis. 
They are meant to be used before any makeup application to prolong the makeup wear for the day.
Eye primers should especially be used by anyone who wants to keep their eye make-up in place for long periods of time. The problem is, with so many out there, it can be overwhelming to know which one is right for you. I myself have extremely oily eyelids and have tried many over the years, and it can be difficult spending money on products that end up not working or drying out too quickly. Thankfully I have found a few eye primers that have become my holy grail, and just simply can't live without. 
I will discuss my Top 2 with drug-store dupes.

2. Mac Paint pots 
Now paint pots aren't really eye primers, they are described as,
 "A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners." (Mac website). 
One of the reasons why I love to use them a eye base, is because they have a big variety of colours that can cover up darkness on the eyelids, and make eyeshadows appears more intense.
Drug Store Dupe.
Maybelline Color Tattoos 
Just Like the Mac paint pots, the colour tattoos have great colour pigmentation that lasts for hours and of course are more than half the price of the Mac ones.
Mac Paint pots $25 CAN
Maybelline Color Tattoos $6+ CAN 

1. Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
Like I said before, I've tried everything out there and this one changed my life! I came across this eye primer on Instagram when Lime Crime was advertising the it. their packaging was getting a new look, and after reading many comments from their fans, I figured I should give it a try.
- sheer skin tone colour 
- thick texture
- Little goes a long way
- Can be used as a under eye primer.
Now I know it's good when my own clients call me the next day saying the eye shadow lasted through parties, weddings, and hours of sleep (sleeping in makeup is not recommended but it happens).
Drug Store Dupe
Milani Shadow Primer
Does a great job just as the Lime Crime primer but can be difficult to find in Canada. So far I've only seen it in stores owned by Presidents choice ( Loblaws, Real Canadian superstore, etc.)
Lime Crime Eye shadow helper $20 US
Milani Shadow primer $6+ CAN

What eye primer's have you found that works best for you? Are you still having trouble looking for one? Luckily for myself I found what works best for myself and my clients. I hope you found this helpful and as always thank you for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment