Wednesday 28 January 2015

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation


One of the popular products floating around the drugstore has become matte foundations.
Matte foundations have been around for quite sometime, but lately I've been seeing more and more brand new ones on the shelves. 
One of the more recent ones that have come out is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation.
A number of us have already heard of a Fit me collection by Maybelline that came out awhile ago, but thankfully Maybelline came up with a Matte version collection with matching powder.

First thing I'd like to point is although it has a great colour range, the majority of the colours are yellow-based which works best for olive-warm skin tones. So if you plan on purchasing one, the tone might be a bit off. Luckily for myself I have a neutral/ yellowish tone so this foundation matched me quite well. 

I've been using this foundation daily for a few weeks now, and I have to say, it's been working well for me.
I knew it would be a good product for my skin type, because I have combination/oily skin.

Maybelline claims that it is a texture fitting foundation for the ultimate natural fit. Mattifies, erases pores and matches natural skin tone. Good for normal to oily skin. 

My Pros about the foundation:
  • The colour suited well with my skin tone ( I am in 230 Natural Buff)
  • Has not oxidized 
  • light coverage when used with a beauty blender 
  • Medium to build-able full coverage when used with a synthetic brush 
  • Does not dry to a chalky matte finish
  • Can be worn without a powder or setting spray
  • Hasn't cause me to break out. (no acne grief)
  • Lasted on me for 8+ hours without a touch-up
  • Has a thick liquid texture
My Cons about the foundation:
  • Alcohol is one of the first few ingredients on the list.
  • Foundation has no pump
  • Work in sections because it dries very quickly
  • Sets into lines/pores if skin is not moisturized or primed well.
  • Any dry patches can appear if skin is not exfoliated   
At first when I tried this foundation I was using only primers for oily skin and right away I noticed the foundation would just sink into my pores and under-eye lines so the pore-less clam did not work for me. But once I changed my primer to a silicone formula I noticed a flawless finish.

The price can range from $7-$12 CAN depending on the area you live in. 
If you plan of using this foundation daily, always keep hydrated and well moisturized for the alcohol can really dry out the skin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment