Tuesday 14 July 2015

Lise Watier Luminous Correcting Primer


When it comes to Luminous primers, I tend to just ignore them completely and try and find anything that's gives a matte/pore-less finish. For someone who has oily-skin, I've gotten the idea that adding anything else other than highlighter is too much and will make me look like a disco ball.
Luckily with shoppers drug mart cosmeticians handing out more samples I was able to try out this gem.
"The LUMINOUS CORRECTING PRIMER by Lise Watier, infused with Diamond Lumière Complex, corrects and naturally illuminates the complexion for a natural finish. Revolutionary light-reflecting pigments render the optical properties of the diamond and compensate for the lack of photoluminescence of the complexion."

The shade I ended up using was Apricot for it being suitable for medium to dark complexions  


Apricot is a orange/salmon colour. The texture feels a bit thick but still creamy enough to spread around the face. The light-attracting diamond complex evens out skin tone, appearance of wrinkles and pores gets decreased, skin discoloration is neutralized and and instantly restores a healthy glow.


The colour looks bight orange but blends well into the skin. for other skin tones there is the colour Banane(yellow) for fair/medium tones, Rose(pink) Lilas is best for yellow tones of olive and Asian complexions, and Vert(green) neutralizes redness and unevenness. 


When I read about it having diamond complex I was a bit hesitate because I thought it be a bit much but it gave me a nice sun-kissed glow. When I applied it on, first thing I noticed was how matte feeling it felt on my skin. Most Luminartors feel very moisturizing or just sit on the skin but this felt like my skin absorbed it nicely without making my skin feel dry. I also noticed it helped out my dark circles a bit before applying any concealer or highlighting creams. For my pores I don't really have an issue their but I didn't see my pores become accentuated or appear larger. For the most part I like using this primer alone without foundation and I haven't noticed my skin becoming more oily than usual. When wearing it under foundation it does have a good staying power and made my matte foundation more dewy and natural looking throughout the day. 
Overall I'm very happy with this product. Does exactly what it says very quickly and well worth trying a sample of it to start. 
The price is $40 CAN on the Lise Watier website and can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart and The Hudson's Bay.




No comments:

Post a Comment