Friday 1 November 2013

Is the Annabelle Cosmetics CC base a Dupe to Benefits Porefessional?!


Hello :D
I hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe its November!!! 
I'm just such a fan of fall, makes me sad to think winter will be here soon.
But anyways, lets talk about a new dupe I fell in love with!

So one day I was watching a few videos from my favourite make-up guru Jean Francois and came across a video about Annabelle Cosmetics CC base. He was saying that the CC base is close to Benefit's Porefessional. So I figure why not try it and see. Lucky for me I bought it when It was on sale at Shoppers drug mart, But usually it cost $16.95 CAN.

here is the product:

Annabelle CC color control
Natural finish
Instant perfecting base

First thing, I love the packaging!!
It's clear and its pumps up so you don't waste product.


as it says on the back: 
- Lightweight
- Non-sticky
- Suits all skin tones

It controls skin color by neutralizing redness, dull and un-even complexion.
Corrects instantly by reducing appearance of pored and fine lines and leaves a anti-shine finish.
Primes skin for make-up and improves foundation wear.
It is oil-free :)

So from what it says on the back of the product, I do agree with a few things.
Yes its light weight, but when you do apply it on your hand or directly onto your face I do feel it a little sticky. Not horrible, but maybe I've been used to Benefits porefessional and It's smooth silicone feel.
I do apply it the same way as porefessional, by patting it and not just spreading it all over like a normal primer. Remember since these are pore/line fillers always pat the product. The whole idea is to cover the pores and patting it in will give a better flawless finish.
I do love the fact it cover redness. Ever since I've been having perioal dermatitis I hate having reddness around the nose/mouth area so the CC base has helped tremendously!
So does it cover pores????
For myself....YES :)
It honestly does the exact same thing as Porefessional.
Like I said, the texture is different from the high-end product but it wont matter once the product is on the skin.
For fine lines...I'm not too sure : /
For my under-eye lines I use Mac line filler, so I really can't tell yah if it covers fine lines.

As for keeping Foundation last longer, it stays on pretty good for about 8 hours. I have oily skin and no matter what primers or foundation I use I'll always end up looking "dewy" by the end of the day.
As long I don't look like an oily mess by the end of the end, its all good !

Overall 
I really like the product. I'm very glad I watch that video from Jean Francois ( Check him on Youtine, he's fabulous !)
It makes me think twice about buying Benefits Porefessional.
Plus the fact that Annabelle's CC base is $19 cheaper than Benefit porefessional, Ofcourse I'm going for the cheaper one! And like I said at the beginning, I bought mine on sale which is awesome!
Trust me I've never seen Benefit's on sale ever!
Also you get more Product From the CC base. 30ml and the Porefessional you get 22ml.
Ouuu and they also sell one that will give a luminous finish. Might grab that one soon :P

So I highly recommend Annabelle's CC base!
I'll still use my benefit Porefessional on clients but once I finish it I don't think I will buy it again.
Unless I get samples I'll use it.

So I hope this helped you If you ever wonder if there was a cheaper dupe for Benefit's Pore filler.
And have a great Friday :D

Swatches <3







  










No comments:

Post a Comment