Tuesday 26 November 2013

Too Faced A few of my favorite things holiday palette 2013


Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well :) 
Just here to talk about my Favourite Holiday Palette. 
First off I'd like to say this year so many brands came out with amazing palettes/ holiday sets.
It's very difficult to pick & choose with so much variety.
The one I'll be Talking about is Too faced: A few of my favourite things Palette.
"This Sephora exclusive features Jerrod’s iconic favorites for the eyes, face, cheeks, and lips and will make your holidays gorgeous. This collection is infused with classic colors that have a playful edge—shades that fit right in for a super swanky blowout or an intimate Christmas day brunch with the family. After hours, zip up your essentials in Too Faced’s signature chevron-print clutch, designed by celebrity decorator and TV personality Mary McDonald. " As describes from the sephora website.


On the back it explains what's in the kit. 
20 eyeshadows
2 blushes
2 bronzers
1 better than sex mini mascara in black
Lip Injection Color Bomb! in Bee Sting
1 Large Chevron clutch
1 how-To Glamour Guide


First thing you see when opened is the clutch and everything else is inside it.
As you can see by the photo I took, it's a large bag! 


The palette itself!



Eyeshadows :D


Blushes/ bronzers / glamor guide 
it does bring a plastic divider in the middle so fall-out from the eyeshadows 
don't mix with the blushes & bronzers. 

Swatches of the eyeshadows 





Blushes / Bronzers 


Glamour Guide 




Better than sex mascara 


Lip Injection color bomb in Bee sting


Now that you've seen photos, I'll make a quick review of the holiday set. 
My pros
First thing What made me notice this palette was the packaging. I'm a huge fan of pinks & gold and I think they did a great job with the style of this years holidays sets. Bold colors, clean and simple. Other things about packaging is the palette is'nt heavy and easy to travel with. Any reason why this palette is so cool, is because it makes me think of the movie "the sound of music". Some of the eyeshadows names are from the movie which makes it even more cute! About the eyeshadows...I've tried them all and I have to say I'm very impressed with the pigmentation. The eyeshadows feel like butter and blend very well. Reminds me of the Lorac Pro palette. The blushes are very lovely! I'll have to say if you have fair skin just be careful how much to take with your blush brush but for myself with my medium skin tone it gives me a nice natural glow.The bronzers are awesome! light-medium coverage. works well with light-medium skin tones as a bronzer. For myself it gives my skin a nice glow which is fine for the winter months. I'm so in love with chocolate soleil bronzer, I cant stop smelling it haha! Literally smells like chocolate, you just want to eat it up. The sun bunny bronzer is nice also but I use it more for as a highlighter or eye-shadow. The better than sex mascara is to die for. I have small straight lashes and I have to say it made them look fuller and helped a bit with length. Defiantly going to buy it in full size :)
Cons 
The first thing that bothered me about this set was the Lip injection color bomb. I really tried to like it but I can't stand it. The color is lovely, a nice sheer nude but the plumping effect burned my lips. When I first tried it, it did the plump effect which is fine but the fact that my lip area was red till the next day bothered me. I think the color and smell of the product is great but I give this product a thumbs down. I wished they just added a mini creme lipstick but oh well. My last con is out of all the eyeshadows... I dislike the color whiskers on kittens. It's a beautiful peach shimmery glitter color but every-time I try to grab the product with a shadow brush the only thing that picks up is the glitter. I've tried with numerous eyeshadow brushes but same thing happens :(

Overall I give this holiday set a 8/10
The price is $64 CAN only at Sephora.
Limited Edition 
I think this gift set is awesome for anyone you know that's addicted to make-up (like myself) ^_^
Its has a nice color range of eye-shadows, has a few matte shades & transitions shades.
If only they added a highlighter, then this set would be perfect :D
Plus out of all the holiday sets I've tried so far, this is the one I just keep grabbing on a daily basics.



















    










2 comments:

  1. does your sephora still carry it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly it was only a holiday palette so I believe it was only in stores for about 2 months. I wish it was a permanent product, such a great deal :)

      Delete