Tuesday 1 July 2014

Topbox vs. Ipsy June 2014

Topbox vs. Ipsy June 2014

Hello everyone, I hope your summer is going well  :)
I've recently started applying for more subscription boxes & joined both "Topbox" & "Ipsy."
I'm sure most of us know what subscription boxes are, basically it's a monthly subscription where you pay to receive a few products to try out for yourself. the size of the products you receive range from being either full size, deluxe size or sample size.
Last year I was subscribed to "Luxebox," but got bored with it since it's only a seasonal subscription and not a monthly.
This month was my first month for both "Topbox" & "Ipsy," so I decided to compare the two and see what i liked/disliked about them.  

Topbox Canada 06/2014
As described on their website: "Our mission is to surprise and delight beautiful women (we're talking to you!) every month, with a "Luxe box" of the top hand-picked beauty samples.
In joining this exclusive ladies club, you are signing up for 4 generous helpings of premium delight each and every month"

  • Topbox is a Canadian subscription 
  • $12 a month (plus tax)
  • free shipping
  • Comes with a cylinder container 
  • arrives in the middle of the month 
  • can be cancelled at any time
  • waiting list can be a long process
The products I received are:
La Roche-posay 
Ultra-fluid lotion 
with an SPF of 60
(Sample size)


Wella Thermal Image
Heat protection spray
(full size)

LA Splash Nail Polish 
Colour: 
(full size)

Barefoot Venus
Mint Lip fable
(full size)

Favorite this month: LA Splash nail polish
Least Favorite: Wella Heat protection spray




Ipsy 06/2014
  
as described on their website: 
"Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using." 
  • Ipsy is an American subscription  
  • $10 a month (plus tax)
  • $5 shipping to Canada (free for the United states)
  • Comes with a different reusable makeup bag each month 
  • Usually arrives after the 9th day of each month
  • Can be cancelled at any time
  • Waiting list can be a long process
The products I received are:
Nyx butter gloss
shade: Eclair 
(Full size)

Ofra Eyebrow Pencil
Shade: Universal 
(Full size)

Nicka K 
Blue Shimmer Eyeliner 
(Full size)

Carol's Daughter
Sacred Tiare styling cream
(Deluxe sample)

Real Tree for her Perfume
(Deluxe sample)

Favourite: Nyx butter gloss
Least favourite: Nicka K blue shimmer eyeliner 

Who won this month? 
Ipsy!
This month's ipsy bag was definitely a winner. The makeup bag is cute & designed by Rebecca Minkoff. I was very happy to receive a Nyx butter gloss, because it can be very difficult to find the latest products in Canada by Nyx. The Ofra Eyebrow pencil works very well & has great staying power. The Carol's daughter styling is phenomenal. Works great to tame frizz in this humid weather. The Real-tree perfume has now become my new favourite scent. I'm obsessed with scents that have a woodsy scent to them. The Nicka K shimmer liner was my least favourite, because I'm not comfortable with using bright colours on my eyes. But I will say, the eyeliner plastic tip is so thin & flexible that I ended up cleaning it up and using it with my gel/cream liners & eyebrow gels.    

As for the Topbox, I'm in no way disappointed. All the products I received are great and can be found easily at my local drugstores/beauty stores.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment