Tuesday 2 December 2014

beautybox5 : Is it worth $17 CAN


What is Beautybox5?
Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling service that delivers 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month.
How much is it?
$12 CAN+ Tax
Free shipping for Americans, $3 shipping for Canadians 
What I received for November 2014
Micka K New York
Eyelight Crayon in Brown (retail $4.49)
 DenTek Floss Picks + Case (retail $2.49)

HASK Macadamia Revitalizing Shine oil (retail $2.99)


Laura Ashley Body Butter (retail $3.30)


Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash (retail $6.49 fullsize)

My favourite product in the box was the "Laura Ashley" body butter. Usually body butters are thick in texture, but this one had a whipped-watery feeling to it. At first I wasn't a fan of it, but it does moisturize my skin very well. Second would be the "HUSK" hair treatment oil. I used it on my daughter's hair and it helps keep her curly hair stay in place.
 The products that were "okay", were the Dove body wash and DenTek floss picks. These are products that can easily be found at your local drugstore or dollarstore.
The worst product for last... which is the Micka K Eyelight crayon. it is describes as a "creamy shadow stick that glides on easily and adds a pigmented pop of colour that lasts."
Right...
  At first I was excited to see a cream shadow stick, since I'm obsessed with everything makeup but the texture and staying power is horrible. I really liked how pigmented the product is but just swatching it you can tell it was going to smudge. I waited a few minutes to see if it would set but nothing. It moves with the slightest bit of pressure and becomes sheer.
Is it worth $17 CAN ????
Have to be honest and say. No!
I really did like beautybox5, but I just felt like it went down hill. One of the reasons why I love subscriptions is that I get to try new brands. Nowadays, the majority of these products can be found easily and sometimes even cheaper than the retail price that beautybox5 said it was worth. Plus! they are charging shipping for Canadians , which is a bummer but what can you do. I understand all subscriptions have their good and bad months, but it just feels as if its been declining more by the month. Sorry Beautybox5, Hopefully in the future you can prove me wrong so I can come back to yah :)
*everyone is entitled their opinion. In the end its all up to you. If you are interested in beautybox5 check them out on their social media pages for first time subscriber promotions.*  

No comments:

Post a Comment